Friday, October 26, 2007

It’s really happening…

After years of romantically dreaming about castles, zealously reading English novels and watching BBC productions, and serenely picturing myself meandering thecountryside… I’m actually going to be there. I’m going to England. I’ve talked about the idea of this trip for a long time, and I’m finally at the next step. Now, I'm blogging about it.

http://janeaustenhereicome.blogspot.com/

But I am truly doing more than blogging about it. I’m planning it. Two of my friends are already on board with me. Truth is that they kinda started the idea up again, and together we’re planning, scheming and budgeting for a visit to Jane Austen’s world. OK, so England is more than just Jane’s land, but to give credit where it is due, we must confess that Jane definitely has played more than a small role in getting us to cross the Atlantic!

To us, it is also a home to castles and English manors, a place where the tranquil countryside still exists and where history is still very much alive, a birthplace to the tongue we speak and delight in. It’s like coming home in a way. Is it too ridiculous to say that? Oh well, it’s the way I feel...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooooh, I'm so excited for you. If England is anything like Scotland (and I'm pretty sure it is), you will absolutely love it over there. You are going to have the time of your life!! I can't wait to see all the 5,894,898,871 pictures you will take. :-) Seriously, I hope all the details fall into place and you have a wonderful time. I'll be checking your blogs for more info. :-)