Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Holiday Blitz

For the first time in a decade, I sang in a Christmas concert again. No solos, thank you very much – I tortured myself and others enough with those in years past. HA! But I did sing with my church choir and loved every minute of it. We had 2 performances last weekend, and now after a break of several days, I’m almost ready to do it all again. ALMOST! It was a thrilling and moving experience, and all the glory and praise goes to GOD.

You would think that my life would be a bit calmer now that the Christmas concerts are over, but the opposite is true. I looked at my calendar this morning and was shocked at the to-dos coming up – choir party, office parties, cookie exchanges, other concerts and programs to attend. YIKES! And somewhere in there, I need to finish my Christmas shopping, write up my Christmas letter and mail out the cards, bake a gazillion cookies and attempt not to over-eat and indulge in sweets every minute.

It’s all good stuff, and I’ll enjoy nearly every minute. BUT I’m trying to reign things in a bit and refocus and center my attention on the “babe in the manger.” HE somehow isn’t the center of my attention amidst the holiday blitz, and yet HE should be. This is CHRIST's season after all, right?

No comments: