Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Something Borrowed

Today, I’m borrowing from my sister’s blog and writing about a couple of things I like.*
I was skeptical about using this product. (Shocking, I know!) But I have drawers full of straightening and smoothing hair products that have been of little or no use to me in my ongoing struggle with my hair. Thus, my hair expectations were low when trying yet another product.
The fact is that I have less than naturally straight hair – aka kinky, wavy, frizzy, etc., – and so I am always on the lookout for a product that can help tame and smooth (i.e. control) each cuticle originating from my head. Over the holidays and at the suggestion of the aforementioned sister, I picked up a combo pack of the Super Skinny ® Daily Shampoo and the Super Skinny ® Serum, but until recently, I had not used it regularly.
I opted to make the switch two (2) days ago (yes, you read that correctly – only 2 days ago), and the results have been staggering! The Super Skinny ® Serum really seems to calm my wild and crazy hair down, and I like it. My hair is soft, playful and faux straight without too much effort. And should I ever tire of the smooth, sleek look of refined, professional hair, I can always go back to the other straightening products (in those full drawers I mentioned earlier) and once again get my fill of big, wacky hair.
My only complaint is that the Super Skinny ® Daily Shampoo and Super Skinny ® Serum are not recommended for similar smoothing and sleeking effects when used on hips, thighs and the stomach area. Oh if only… Mental Note: Write Paul Mitchell a letter and make the suggestion.
Wrigley introduced this new line of gum in 2010, and I have enthusiastically sampled all 3 of the decadent flavors.
Key Lime Pie was the early running favorite with a strong burst of lime goodness. It was like a dessert, hence the “Dessert Delights” title of the gum. YUM!
Strawberry Shortcake was tasty. I liked it, but it could not surpass my love of Key Lime Pie. It was forever a runner-up in my book.
However, when I tried the Mint Chocolate Chip, everything changed in an instant. A beautiful relationship was born between this girl and her gum. It was a blissful union! We have been soul mates ever since, and nothing must ever come between us.
*DISCLAIMER: No promotions, freebies or exchange of products or services have been offered to the writer of the blog above upon any condition that the said author provide this information to the general public in like manner. The author merely wished to share the words above in an effort to disseminate information. That being said, any future offers from the vendors above or other vendors will be readily reviewed and assessed by an opportunistic panel to judge their deemed value and worth to the said writer.  

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Glad you are liking the Skinny Serum! It truly works. And the gum--I couldn't agree more! :)