Thursday, June 1, 2006

Short Week of Fun!

On Memorial Day, Sara and I headed to Kokomo for a picnic with my sister’s family and their neighbors. It was a fun afternoon spent eating good food, watching the kids play in their small pool, having a water balloon fight with Jacob, etc.

Baby Grace was adorable, as usual. She fell face first into the water twice, and Barbara jumped up to rescue her. She’s quite a little water baby. She loves sitting in the water and splashing, although she doesn’t enjoy big brother’s splashes. I think it scares her a bit! Sara got to spend some time holding Grace as well as cuddling with Kaitlin, the neighbor’s daughter who is about 3 months younger than Grace. It was another enjoyable day!

Yesterday, Kristen and Pollyanna came over to my place for dinner. Yes, I can cook! I made one of my favorite dishes—chicken and cheese enchiladas. YUM! We spent time eating a leisurely dinner and then at Polly’s suggestion we played a game together. We played my game of Scene It that I haven’t played in a while. We had such a good time playing that game together. We laughed, we fought over points, we discovered what happens to Pollyanna after a sugar high, etc. I think sometimes you just need to savor those carefree moments with girlfriends.

Tonight, I am headed out to dinner with some more girlfriends to help Kristen celebrate her birthday! We're going to the Olive Garden, one of my favorites. I'm salivating just thinking about it. And then on Saturday, I'm off to Bloomington with more of the same gang for a day at Oliver Winery, IU Bloomington and then Nashville. There is a lot to look forward to...and so at this point in time I am reminded once again that "We are thankful for that which we've been given..."

Thank you, LORD!

No comments: