Thursday, June 1, 2006

Catching Up with Christa!

Last Saturday, I met up with my dear college friend, Christa. We hadn’t seen each other in nearly 10 years. I was her maid of honor in her wedding in July 1996, and I hadn’t seen her since.

A lot can happen in 10 years, you know! Christa is Mom to 4 beautiful girls. I was struck at how they all reminded me of her in different ways. Hannah, her eldest, is 9 and just starting to take an interest in photography. She’s very warm and loving. Rebekah is 7 and she is quite the athlete. She is very physical and likes to laugh! Kaitlynne is 6 and definitely doesn’t like to pose for pictures. She is a ball of energy and a lot of rambunctious fun! Victoria is 3 and quite the little charmer with precious dimples in her cheeks. She’s a bit shyer than her older sisters, but she eventually warmed up to me.

It was nice to have time to walk and talk with Christa in the park. We caught up and just enjoyed seeing each other again. It was also nice to get reacquainted with her husband, Ben. He’s a great Dad--full of energy and always coming up with games for the kids. Christa and Ben are expecting baby number 5 later this fall, and they have just learned that they are having a BOY. They even had the ultrasound photos to prove it! It’s all very exciting!

We met at Shades State Park, where Christa was meeting up with her sister Joy and her family. It was also nice to meet Joy and Jeff and their 2 boys: Jared and John. Turns out that they don’t live too far away from me—over in Advance, Indiana, and they go to church in Brownsburg, which is really close to me. It’s a small world, I guess.

Despite the high humidity and heat, we went for a short hike in the park. We all got sweaty, and yours truly took a dive in the mud, but it was a really enjoyable day!!

No comments: