Friday, July 28, 2006

Tackling the world?!?! Part Deux

I’m taking just a few minutes for a mental health break and to vent. This week has just been horrible! UGH!! I am so looking forward to 4:30 PM. I feel like my nerves are frazzled, and that I’d just like to go home and get under the covers and stay there for a few days. I know by body is all out of wack because of the steroids, and the fact that I am on my cycle this week is not adding to my delightful personality this week. (HA!) I’m just hoping there are better days around the corner. [This is day 6 of 14! HELP!]

The weather here in Indiana isn’t helping either. My asthma (or whatever you call my breathing issue) is flaring back up, and I think it’s just the pressure and humidity in the air or something. I just can’t catch a good breath right now, and it doesn’t help that I’m strung out on meds and already a bit jittery. I’ve had several moments of panic. I try not to think about it, but it’s kinda hard to ignore when something inside your body is triggering a message to your brain that you aren’t getting enough air. [GULP!!]

At work, this is one of those weeks where everyone wants stuff RIGHT THIS MINUTE, or they make every project sound like an emergency, and the truth is that it’s not. It never is, and that’s annoying! Normally, I can swallow it without too much of a fuss, but there is just something about this week. I feel deeply cantankerous. I’ve caught myself biting my lips A LOT more than usual this week instead of speaking what instantly pops into my head.

But hey, I haven’t lost my sense of humor. Thanks goodness for laugher! Believe me, I’m laughing just to keep my head above water. It helps. My co-workers have been very supportive—making me laugh at my drama, asking me daily if I still feel like I work with a bunch of idiots [just for the record, I never said I worked with a bunch of idiots…I just told them what my dr. told me about his experience on steroids], taking me to lunch and cheering me up, etc. I have a lot to be thankful for. I’ve got blessings all around me. It’s just sometimes hard to see them when you are passed out on the floor… AHEM!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I’m scheduling one in beginning right now!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hope you feel better, Mel! Karen had the same work issues when she was on steroids. She hates them - the steroids, I mean. I'm sure you are counting down to going to the UP. John and I are going to Marblehead, Ohio (near Cedar Point on Lake Erie) in a couple of weeks, and I know I can't wait! Sweet relaxation!! Gotta love it! Hang in there! (Yeesh, I just realized I use way too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!) :-)