Thursday, August 30, 2007

Seeing Bears and Butterflies


I had a fabulous time with Janet. I really did...even thought it has taken me weeks to finally blog about it. We went to the Indy Zoo and spent a rather hot day there, but it was awesome. A lot of the animals (despite the heat) seemed to be coming up really close to the fences. I got some incredible shots of the Kodiak bears, and normally these bears are sleeping in their caves, etc. During our visit, the bears were hanging out at the fence probably imagining how well we would taste for lunch. YIKES!

After the zoo, we walked through the butterfly conservatory. One of the beautiful blue/purple butterflies landed on my purple shirt and wouldn't leave me alone. It was rather funny. Janet took photos of course, and these 2 young girls kept coming over and checking the butterfly out. They told me I was going to wind up on the news and be famous because of my new butterfly friend. That just made me laugh! Kids just make me smile! I love how they think...

No comments: