Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Big 100,000!!!

On a whim, this morning, I clicked the button to see more than my trip mileage, which I watch neurotically since I don't want to ever run out of gas. I knew I was approaching 100,000 miles, but it had been a month or two since I checked. Today, I wanted to see how many actual miles were on my car altogether, and would you believe it, my car was at 99,999. I laughed out loud. How cool is that! I got to watch my car turn over to 100,000 and beyond. It was a special moment between car and human...

I told Maddy [aka Madison--and yes my car is a SHE!] Happy Birthday of course and giggled to myself. She actually had her 7th birthday in January, but I think we should celebrate this milestone as well. It's a pretty big deal.

So now, it's time to get her 100,000 Honda check-up. WOOHOO!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100,000 miles, car! I refuse to acknowledge your 'name' since that's just ridiculous, but kudos on getting my obviously disturbed sister around the city for 7 years.

Melanie said...

Ommmm...Sis, that was a bit harsh, dontcha think?!?

Jeanette said...

My husband is the same way! I could care less if the van turned over 100K. He told me I needed to remember exactly where I was when it turned. And he did eventually ask me! How funny!