Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bring on Spring!


I usually don’t mind winter…I really don’t, but this year it has been irritating. This year there have been 1-2 days every week where driving is treacherous, and I don’t recall that in years past. I think it’s normal to have 1 or 2 days a month where you have to be extra careful on your drive to and from work, but not 1-2 days every week. That’s annoying!

And it’s not as if we are getting buckets of snow dumped on us all at once. I wouldn’t mind that if it all came at once and kept me home for a couple of days, but these little storms are mixed with sleet, ice and rain and that is where the problems come in. We’ll get 1-2 inches of snow on top of the ice one day, and then the next day, the temps will rise and the slush begins only to refreeze overnight before we get another inch or two of snow and the whole thing starts over again... And so the commute to and from the office has become more of an adventure. HA!

Then there are the potholes creeping up all over the city. It’s horrible. I feel like some roads are war zones. I know that spring is just going to mean more potholes, but I am still more than ready for some milder weather on a regular basis. Plus, I'm ready for spring blooms...

3 comments:

Scott Booker said...

The Joy of living in INDIANA! LOL

And it seems like the road up north (like 86th street) is getting to the point where the pot-holes could swallow a car. I hate it.

I am with you...bring on SPRING!! (and the allergies...its worth it)

Anonymous said...

I am w/ you. Spring, wherever the heck you are, would you please come quickly? This weather pattern of snow every 3 days, sleet every other day, and torrential rain and wind on the days in between is getting ANNOYING.

Lisa said...

I believe we are all annoyed by this weather in Ohio as well. I hear we could get snow again on either Friday or Saturday. Yuck!! I am ready for the 70 degree weather we had this past Monday. Oh to drive with the windows down and the music blaring. Gotta love spring!!!