Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 20: Friday, 27 May 2011

I set the alarm clock for 2 AM because our luggage had to be bagged and tagged and outside our door at 3:15 AM. Breakfast was also at 3:15, and so we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to get everything together.
Sandor and Ben were up to see us off. Our bus left soon after 4 AM. It had been such a wonderful trip, and I was extremely grateful for all the great memories, the new friends and experiences along the way. But it was very hard to face the reality that it was all over. The dream was ending and real life was beginning again…sigh!
We got to the airport and got checked in. The Budapest Airport was not very big. Soon, we were in the air and flying to Amsterdam. We made our connecting flight to Detroit. Our international flight was much better this time. The headsets worked, and we seemed to have more room or something. It was great!
And our lay-over in Detroit went fast, and soon we were on a quick flight to Indianapolis. I called Barb when we landed, and soon she met us and we were packing the van with all of our luggage.
I had a panic attack once we landed in Indy. I couldn’t remember where I had stashed my home key, but after rifling through everything twice, I tried an additional final location, and the key was in my money belt that I had not used the entire trip. WOOHOO!!
Mom and Dad wanted to take me to dinner, and so we had some supper at Cracker Barrel, and then they drove up to Winona Lake for the night. I started to unpack and sort through the dirty laundry I had collected over nearly 3 weeks away. Great fun!
Favorite Thing or Funny Moment
  • Me: Getting so frustrated with myself over the missing key…I was in such a bad mood about it, which in hindsight is hilarious. HA!
  • FEELING: Sad to have left Europe but kinda glad to be in my own space again!

No comments: