Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How Many Girls Does it Take?

Tonight, Becky came over for a little while to help with an attempt to get the borrowed bicycle from my sister into the trunk of my car. I've been trying to figure it out for over a week now, and it just seemed like it had to fit. We emptied the trunk, maneuvered the bike into several different positions, but to no avail, that bike does NOT want to fit into my Honda. So we reloaded the trunk and went for a walk. It was another gorgeous August evening, and we certainly didn't waste it.

Just a couple of additional comments about the whole bike thing...

1. To my baby sister Barbara: Thanks! I'm loving the bike. Still chicken to get the bike out on gravel or dirt, near water or trees, etc., but you know better than anyone else why I have my reservations regarding that. Watch out for that...TREE!!

2. To my dear brother-in-law Jonathan: AHEM! Thanks for the tip about how the front wheel supposedly pops right off and then back on again. That would be awesome...if only we had a demonstration of such or knew how it worked. Both Becky and I wanted to know if there was a manual you could send us because as women we do actually read those things. Hee hee!!

2. To my supportive pal Becky: Thanks for helping me entertain the neighbors this evening! I'm sure they found it rather amusing to watch as we attempted to get that darn bike into my car. How many girls does it take to get a bike into the trunk of my car? Apparently, more than 2, but I think we should get points for all our efforts. Thanks for trying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, bring up the tree incident! That was 24 years ago, and still this family won't let me live it down! And then there was the gravel incident and hole in my knee, so I suppose I do have a bad history on a bike. I have the scars to prove it, unfortunately!

Melanie said...

But think of the character you gained... :-)