Monday, February 25, 2008

**UPDATED: Happy Belated Birthday to Me!!

My 34th Birthday passed without too much drama. I think it does get easier after 29 and 30 as long as I can quit playing the “expectation game” in my head and eat lots of good stuff...

I forgot to mention...Four days before my bday, my parents took me to Olive Garden for their fabulous Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo dish, which I love. Can't get enough of gorgonzola cheese really!! And then afterwards, my sister and family treated me to a huge DQ ice cream cake, which perfectly ended my day. Nothing quite like an ice cream cake. YUM!!

Two days before my bday, my attorneys took me out for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, which I love. If you have not tried their orange chicken, it is delicious and highly recommended by me. Any of their cheesecake selections are divine as well. I tried the new white chocolate macadamia nut, and I was not disappointed. It was wonderful!

Then the day before my bday, my office had a treat table in my honor. And then after work, a co-worker called and asked if she could treat me for dinner at Cracker Barrel. I love Cracker Barrel’s home cooking, and so I was all in. WOOHOO!!!

On my bday, my 18-year-old niece Janet and her friend Mallory met me for lunch at Champps. We also did some shopping afterwards, where Janet graciously helped me spend my Crate & Barrel giftcard from Christmas. AHEM!

The day after my bday, the girls (my 4 single girlfriends I hang out with a lot) met me for lunch at Stone Creek. Another fabulous meal was had complete with an incredible slice of carrot cake!

So I guess with all those sweets and tasty delights, there was no cause to be down-hearted on my birthday! Almost! I had a moment or two where a slight shadow fell across my day, but it all had to do with those nagging unmet expectations we all put on ourselves. It was just another reminder of how another year has gone by, and there is nothing new to report. Not much fun travel occurred, far too much work happened, and no dating activity whatsoever…

Hmmmmm...I’m feeling the need for more chocolate now. HA!

6 comments:

Just me said...

Hmmm... It sounds like an Okaaay party. However I think the best way to celebrate a birthday is a slumber party in Croswell, with a bunch of 2nd grade girls runing up and down the stairs, sleeping on the floor in the living room, and being... you know... young and goofy.

Oh... and there is always the wee bit of drama with the you like my present the best, no mine, no mine...

**sigh**

Good times... good times.... lol.

Melanie said...

Absolutely...I wouldn't have a REAL celebration any other way! I seem to remember there were tears. I remember playing dress up and there were some fights over a red dress, I think. I remember someone picking on Sarah Kelly and it seems like she went and hid under a bed upstairs or something like that. Lots of drama!Little girls can be cruel...so can big girls, too!

I was thinking the other day about that year at camp where we had to sleep in tents becaues there were too many campers...Great memories!

Anonymous said...

You and your ORANGE CHICKEN obsession!!!!! I'm surprised you would stoop to eat at Cracker Barrel b/c they do not have an orange chicken dish. Heehee! Love ya sis....but really, you are obsessed. Of course I know nothing of obsession w/ PB parfaits or slim jims or anything like that. I am normal. :)
Glad you were spoiled for your bday. You FORGOT to mention the DQ ice cream cake that someone absolutely fabulous got you a few days before your big day...but I am not bitter.

Jeanette said...

Happy belated birthday to you! Sounds like a grand time...all that eating! I'm jealous! Just kidding! I'm glad you had a good time and it spread out to so many days.

Anonymous said...

Nice way to try and make amends...by inserting info AFTER THE FACT! :)

Scott Booker said...

Sounds like you had a really nice Birthday! So Happy Belated Birthday!! And I totally agree with you about the Gorgonzola Cheese. Actually....all cheese really! LOL