Thursday, July 1, 2010

Addicted to the Supernatural

I love books, movies and TV shows with vampires, werewolves, immortals, wizardry, magic, etc. Always have. What is the appeal to the unexplained and the fantastical? What draws me into the mystical realm?

Now some may be concerned at my interest in what they term as "darkness." I disagree. I think it is only natural that the supernatural, the mysterious and the unfathomable calls out to me. After all, I belong to the Great I AM, and HE is full of mystery and intrigue. HE is the author of it, and my life, my very existence is intertwined with the unexplained.

GOD created the universe in 6 days. No matter what you classify as the “6 days of creation,” it makes no difference to me. I’m not here to debate you. What I know for sure is that HE formed our world and everything in it. HE created the atom and the inner workings of the human body, he formed the sky and the oceans, he placed the stars and planets and molded the sun. Scientists keep trying to find the end of our universe, but there is always more to be found. And HE did it all in 6 days. Who is more supernatural than HE is?

GOD is full of imagination and power, more than I can fathom. HE is a master storyteller, and Hollywood writers have nothing on HIM. The Bible is full of stories describing HIS supremacy and creative energy. HE brought a flood on the whole earth, HE parted the Red Sea, and HE created the seraphim with their several pairs of wings and lots of eyes. Who is more magical than HE?

GOD loves us. HE sent HIS SON to earth to take on the form of a man so that HE could one day lay HIS life down to save us. No mere mortal could come up with such an awesome, complex plot. What is more baffling, more mind-twisting than the love of GOD? And HIS love for us causes HIM to seek us out. Yes, the GOD of the universe wants a relationship with us, and HE pursues us. What could be more mystical that that?

Sin severed the communion between GOD and mankind. We were torn from the mystical presence of THE MOST HIGH, and our souls yearn for the ultimate reunion with HIM. Is it any wonder then that the supernatural, the magical and the fantastical appeals to me? It's no great mystery really. It's all in my genetics.

No comments: