Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 1: Sunday, 8 May 2011

I slept almost 7 hours and woke up ready to go. WOOHOO!! Today is Mothers' Day! I love my Mom, and I'm excited that we'll get so much time together over these next few weeks.

Barb Saberson picked us up and shuttled us to the airport. She’s amazing, and I’m so grateful to her! Love ya, Barb!
We made our way through check-in and security without any issues. And our first flight to Atlanta was pretty short and sweet, but then we had a 3-hour layover in Atlanta. So we had some lunch and hung out at our gate for a while. The Atlanta airport is so big that you have to take a train to get from terminal to terminal. It’s like an airport subway similar to what Heathrow has. Someone told us that: “Everyone has to go through Atlanta. Even when you die, you have to stop here.” I believe it!
While we waited for our flight to Brussels, I asked each of us to state what we were most looking forward to on this trip. The first thing we all said was the graveside visit to Margraten. It is after all the reason we started to plan this excursion, and so it is foremost in our mind.
  • Aunt Peggy: Czech Republic – it was Susan’s favorite stop on her European trip
  • Mom: seeing castles
  • Dad: seeing castles and eating chocolate
  • Me: Schönbrunn Palace

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm with your dad! Chocolate!!