Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Nomadic Spirit

Travel is like a drug to me. The more I see of the world, the more I want to experience more and more.
Coming back to my life in Indiana after nearly 3 weeks in Europe has been quite hard on me personally. I’ve been living all week on the highs of my recent travel, and I’m just now crashing back down from that peak.
I can’t complain about my life here in the Hoosier state. It's good! After all, I have my sister and her family who live an hour away from me and offer me family bonding time, plenty of adventures and loads of laughs. I have amazing friends nearby who enjoy cultural events, exploring the city and planning weekend get-aways. I have a pretty good job with fabulous co-workers who help keep the daily grind fun. I have my Fridays off to explore the many parks and gardens, the museums and memorials that Indianapolis has to offer. I am truly blessed, and I know it.
But somehow, none of that seems good enough right now. My soul won’t be quite so easily soothed. My nomadic spirit is awake once more, and I am restless. Something is off, not quite right. I’m here, but I’m not.
I think I’ve left pieces of myself along the Rhine and Danube.

No comments: