Monday, June 6, 2011

Just the Little Stuff

I can fully identify with Francesca Battistelli’s song This is the Stuff. I had a weekend full of little things that just kept adding up and annoying the heck out of me. It was one of those weekends where I seemed to have misplaced my sense of humor and struggled to find it again.
  • The water from my shower/tub leaked into the apartment below it. Not a big deal. I didn’t have to do anything about it, but maintenance showed up for the 20-minute repairs while I was in the middle of doing my hair for the day and getting ready to head to Kokomo. Don’t laugh, but I’m one of those crazy people that has a hair timing issue. I have to blow dry my hair while it is still wet and then quickly iron it straight, etc. If I get interrupted and can’t finish it all at the same time, I just need to put my head under the faucet, wet my hair and start over. HA! So, I was not in a good mood when maintenance left me.
  • Then I got overheated in my own apartment. I don’t do well in the heat, and for some reason my apartment was not cooling off fast enough for me this weekend. It didn’t matter that it was much cooler inside my place than it was outside. I just wanted to stop the sweat from running down my face while I was trying to clean up my kitchen. I was vexed and irritated with the temperature, which didn’t help cool me down any either.
  • My cell phone died suddenly and without warning on Saturday night. There was no fanfare, no desperate last breath, it just faded out into oblivion. One minute it was working just fine, and the next minute, it had flat-lined. I tried basic phone CPR, but to no avail. So Sunday morning after church, I rushed to Verizon Wireless in hopes that it was a battery or a bad SIM card, but no such luck. They tried to revive my phone with some extensive life support methods but to no avail. My phone was no longer with us. So today, a replacement phone will be shipping out to me, and they hope it will arrive for me some time tomorrow. Fingers crossed! My phone is my life line...
  • I stubbed my toe on my bed while I was rushing around on Sunday. Why is it that a stubbed toe is like the worst pain ever? I limped around for several minutes after that. Later on the same day, I brought in a box from the car and was attempting to not slam the apartment door, and somehow, I managed to shut my finger in my apartment door. OK, that pain sure topped the stubbed toe. I said a few choice words, ranted and raved to tears for a few minutes, and only then did I finally sit down and laugh at myself.
I’m not sure that this was the worst weekend ever. I mean in reality, it wasn’t really that bad, I guess. But I sure am glad that this weekend is over. Here’s to a better week ahead. Or perhaps I should just be praying for the strength and stamina to deal with any pending drama ahead!

1 comment:

Jen Neal said...

Oh Mel, what a weekend!!!!! When it rains, sometimes, it pours....and the down pour sucks!!!! Lol. I hate when I have those days, they are few and far between, but do occur a few times a year, so I hope you are up for smooth sailing for awhile now:) Thanks for sharing:)!!