Monday, October 10, 2005

Numb and Speechless...

Speechlessness is not something I encounter on a day-to-day basis, but there are just some things I don't know how to respond to. A point that I reach where there are no words, where I actually have nothing to say. I'm struck dumb as it were.

My dear friend was raped last week in the middle of the night. A man broke into her home and raped her. This dear "sister" of mine is a treasure. She's a vibrant life force that has seen a lot more of the world than I have. I admire her courage, her bravery and strength in the midst of adversity. She's a force to be reckoned with.

Not only is she strong and courageous, but she is also warm and loving. She's one of those friends that always seems to know when you need a shoulder. She makes herself available even when she's crazy busy. She's extremely thoughtful and likes to surprise you. She once sent me a Valentine's bouquet just because she could, and she signed it from "Howard," which was a joke between the 2 of us. She's a wonderful loving mother to her 2 children, as well. They are a delightful priority in her life!

Her sense of humor continues to amaze me. She makes me laugh at some of the oddest moments. We've spent hours together laughing and harassing each other. We play fight and start arguments over the silliest things just for laughs! We're real with each other as well. She's called me on the carpet a couple of times just as I have her.

And behind the laughs, I've been blessed with a dear friendship. She and I clicked from the first day we met. We really did. We connected in one of those moments straight out of a movie or a book...we instantly understood each other and still have the capabilities with just one look to say volumes!

...And so with something like this plaguing her life, I'm left without words. I just want her to know that she is loved.

No comments: