Thursday, April 27, 2006

I’m feeling a bit down this week, and I’m not quite sure why.

I’d like to blame it on what the weather has been doing. The sinus pressure building in my head since Monday night has been crazy, and last night, it worsened to the point that I left the comfort of my couch at 10 PM and drove to the store with my wet hair, and wearing my all-too-attractive black sweats and flip flops--and all in search of some sinus headache medicine. I was rather desperate for relief!

I wonder why we humans don’t have a release valve like Frankenstein—you know to let off steam. I feel the need to release this pressure inside my head. The medicine is helping, but I just have to take the pills every 4 hours without fail or I am close to tears. I don’t think I ever remember having sinus pain and pressure like this before, and it became absolutely unbearable last night when I kept bending over and picking things up, etc. OUCH!! I think my humidifier/vaporizer helped last night, and at least I slept well.

There are lots of good things happening this week, too, which make me laugh at my momentary lapses of melancholy:
• The 3 attorneys that I assist all took me out for lunch yesterday, and it was great. We also hit Cold Stone Creamery afterwards for dessert. You can’t go wrong with ice cream, can you?!?
• Last night, I caught up with 2 girlfriends at one of my favorite Chinese buffets in the city. It was wonderful, and the company was great as usual!
• Today one of the paralegals that I support treated several of us legal assistants to lunch, too. More good food and it was FREE!
• Today is Thursday, which makes tomorrow FRIDAY! WOOHOO!

The big fun is coming on Saturday. My sister and I are driving to Dayton to meet up with our friend Lisa. We’re spending the night at a Drury Inn, one of my favorite hotel chains because of their awesome Quikstart® Breakfasts, which come FREE with your hotel room. [No, I am not being paid for this plug…] And then on Sunday morning, we are going to visit the Princess Diana Exhibit at the Dayton Art Institute. How fun!

I also hope to get to tour some of the rest of the museum this time. I didn’t get to see the other galleries on my first visit, but then we were short on time, and I was a bit distracted. HA! I confess that I’m going to try and avoid “Mr. Smells Good” on this visit. Maybe he doesn’t have to work this weekend?!? I'd be sorry to miss seeing him, but I've almost nearly forgotten him by now, and I think that's for the best. Then again, it could make for an interesting day if he is there. Hmmmm...

I think that I have a lot to look forward to. Guess things are looking up in retrospect. I just hope this sinus pressure eases soon...

No comments: