Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Next month will be 2-year blog anniversary.

I realized this because my sister Nuwanda mentioned that her blog was turning 2, and it reminded me that my anniversary would soon follow afterwards. I've been re-reading some of my blogs and laughing and tearing up at the same time.

Funny how, I'm different now but yet the same. Like my first blog for example. It's so gut-wrenchingly honest. Just as true today as it was then...but at the same time, I've learned a little bit since then. I'm filling up the empty space. I'm not always successful at psyching myself out, but I try! I'm learning that life isn't always about happy joy moments. Part of me is sad that the optimist in me doesn't make appearances much anymore. She's been replaced with the cynical idealist who sees the world through "cracked rose-colored glasses." That doesn't mean I'm unhappy. I'm just more awake and seeing things as they really are and calling them as they are.

Yes, I can't escape drama. There will always be drama in my life; after all my name is Melanie and melancholy is the name of the game. However, I think with age, I'm learning to embrace the drama. To allow the drama to be around me rather than in me. I'm far from cured, but I'm OK with that. After all if I were perfect, what would people complain about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy blog anniversary!