Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2009 Update: Wrapping Up Another Year

NEWSLETTER: For those inquiring minds who want to know if I chose to do my Christmas newsletter (aka “Mel’s Monologue”) this season or not, I am pleased to report that I did write it up. I haven’t gotten around to mailing or emailing it out completely to the gang. So, if you haven’t received it yet, don’t panic. I’m sure YOU made the cut.

NEW DIGS: I moved into my new office last week, and I am nearly all settled in. I need to get my pictures re-hung on the walls, but other than that, I am pretty much set to go. I can see daylight. WOOHOO! And I was excited to discover that I have a white board in my office. I don’t know why that thrilled me, but it did. It's the little things in life, you know...

In other office news, there is a rumor that my office might be relocated to another area in the near future. Hmmmm??? Oh well, I am staying positive! I’m sure it will all work out for the best.

KEEPING YOUNG: For the past 5 years, I have worked with the high school co-op students who work part-time through the school year in the legal department. Today was my last day in my old job, and so it was time to say my goodbyes. I’m going to miss a lot of the faces in legal, and among those cheerful souls, I am really going to miss our two co-ops, Hallie and Nikia. They keep me young and make me laugh. Although after today, I learned that I am a comic source to them as well. They were trying to fill me in on texting acronyms because, quite frankly, I think there should be a textbook (HA! Get it? TEXTbook!) with instructions on using im acronyms and texting. They were asking me if I knew what a couple of the acronyms meant, but I failed miserably. I am rather hopelessly unhip.

ikr = i know right (my guess = i concur)
Hmmmmm….someone has been working with lawyers for too long!

smh = shaking my head (my guess = save my hat)
No clue! It kinda makes you want to shake your head, doesn't it? HA! Not sure why I have a sudden concern for hats since I don’t wear hats, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

The “girls” thought it was pretty hilarious! I live to amuse, you know. Hee hee!

CELEBRATION: I've had several holiday parties to go to, and I have enjoyed them all. Last weekend, I went to a Sara Groves' Christmas concert with 3 girlfriends, and it was just amazing! I came away respecting Sara and her music even more.

On Christmas Eve, I will be heading up to Kokomo for the weekend to celebrate the holidays with my sister and her family. I'm looking forward to playing games with Jacob, doing another "cooking show" with Grace, coloring with Harrison, playing with Thorn and his new rope (OOPS! Please don't tell Thorn what he is getting for Christmas! It will spoil the surprise.), catching up with my sister and her husband, watching some movies, and just enjoying being together.

I am planning to join my sister and her family on their trek North to my parents in Michigan over New Years, and so more fun and family time is ahead next week.

It's been a crazy year, full of ups and downs, but GOD has been faithful through it all. I'm looking forward to what HE has in store next...

I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas season and a joyous New Year!

No comments: