Monday, February 15, 2010

Maybe I'm Finally Growing Up...

Or maybe I'm just hiding my angst well. I'm not sure. But either way, I had a good Valentine's Day weekend. No wallowing, no tears, no bitter tirades, no serious chocolate binges. It was a pleasant weekend.

FRIDAY: My girls-only Pre-Valentine's Party went well. I was psyched that a couple of my married girlfriends could join in the fun, too, since they had plans to celebrate with their spouses later in the weekend. And I am pleased to report that there was no male-bashing, bitterness, tears or drama from anyone present. We had tasty pizzas we each made ourselves, fun snacks in both the healthy and un categories, along with some chocolate therapy. We watched a chic flick and then caught some of the winter Olympics opening ceremonies, too. It was a fabulous evening. Thanks, Girls!

SATURDAY: Becky called me at a quarter to 5 PM, and we met up 20 minutes later for a spontaneous dinner and movie out. Did you catch that? This is big news!! We planned and met up in less than a half hour. I love how we are learning to be spontaneous and plan things on the fly. It's a big deal for us like-to-plan-things-out-in-detail-girls! We had a blast as usual, and while When In Rome is not an Oscar contender, it was a fun evening and brought me my newest favorite movie quote...
Girl: What are you stalking me now?
Guy: No, I'm just running into you in a pre-meditated manner!

SUNDAY: On Valentine's Day, I treated myself to lunch on my own at Ruby Tuesday's after the morning service. I enjoyed the best salad bar ever as I savored (i.e. lost myself in) my new Kate Morton book. I'm getting braver about the eating out at a sit-down restaurant thing alone. Would I prefer eating across from Mr. George Clooney? You betcha, but yesterday was good, too.

Jeremiah 31:3b is one of my favorite Bible verses and a good reminder to all of us, single or not, that we are INDEED loved already by the TRUE LOVER of our souls...
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you."

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm totally loving your spontaneous outbursts--but don't get carried away. You don't want to do this kind of thing all the time, or people will talk! :)
I will have to see that movie. that is a GREAT line for sure.
And did you like the Olympic opening ceremony? I called Dad to remind him that he could take us up to Vancouver, since he dropped the ball in 1988. :)