Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recent Semi-Healthy Food Discoveries

Flatout Flatbread: These handy wraps are only 1 Weight Watcher point each, and I love them with just about any kind of sandwich concoction. I experimented a wee bit and made my own pizza on one this past weekend as well, and it was rather amazing to this diet girl who has really missed her pizza. OK, so it’s not Papa John’s or Pizza Hut, but it was made fresh in Mel’s diner, and I enjoyed every morsel. And hey, when your whole crust is only one point, you can really add on those toppings without breaking your WW point budget. Bring on the cheese!

Skinny Cow Sandwiches: Somehow I didn’t know about the new flavors until recently (cookies and cream and peanut butter and chocolate - only 3 points each). Someone was holding out on me, I guess. HA! I loved cookies and cream at the first bite. Now, I haven’t tried the peanut butter and chocolate yet, but I’m sure it will make it on my next grocery list since I am an avid peanut butter girl. Truth is that I haven’t tried ANY Skinny Cow variety that I haven’t loved. It’s been a match made in Heaven for almost a year and a half now. WOOHOO!!

Healthy food options are not always easy, but things are going well on my getting-more-healthy plan for 2010. I broke down and ate some amazing birthday cake the other day along with some other not-so-healthy snacks, BUT it’s all good. It was just one day in the life of yours truly, and "tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it..."

Wishing you health, hope and plenty of humor!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I really want to go with you to Costco again! those flat-out thingies look good. And I'm not an ice cream sandwich girl, but I LOVE the Skinny cow cones. Not soggy and just right, for 3 pts.