Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Alaska Is Sounding Better And Better…

It’s hot out there. I walked to my car in sauna-like temperatures and humidity this morning just before 6:30 AM. That’s craziness! This girl doesn't handle high humidity well at all.
  1. Have you seen my hair lately? WOA! I ran into a friend the other day, and he was like: "Hey, Mel, is that you under all that hair?" NOT a pretty sight.
  2. My skin is naturally oily anyway, but all this humidity is giving me more than a healthy glow. Southern girls might glisten, but up here, we Yankee girls sweat. Again, it's not quite the charming visual one would hope for.
  3. I can't breathe. Seriously, it's like you want to hold your breath on the way to the car because the air feels toxic and unbearable. It's not that attractive to always be gasping for breath really.
All this Midwest heat and humidity madness is making me think about moving across the country. Alaska sounds pretty good. I like nature (minus the spiders and bugs). I could survive in the wilderness, right? Although, I might be somewhat intimidated by the idea of running into a bear. Hmmmm...it’s not sounding like a very good story to me. Thrilling and more than a bit exciting, but I might not survive to tell the grandkids.

Bears or humidity? I'm still pondering the choice...is there an option B?

2 comments:

sherylh96 said...

Option B - Hawaii. That's the one I'm choosing. :)

Anonymous said...

Or the Pacific Northwest -- I just spent all last week in Puget Sound and I was COLD! Yes, COLD, all the way up there. But there was a bug or two. And some crabs and jellyfish! :)