Monday, August 30, 2010

HE Just Said, "Follow ME"

I have switched gears officially now and am attending a completely new church for me, not to mention a new denomination. It’s all rather exciting and intriguing for me, albeit a bit shocking for my parents. I think they are concerned I’ll lose all of my fundamentalist upbringing, but these dear people I am now worshiping with are ALSO part of the body of Christ, and I feel very strongly that GOD led me there.

Yesterday’s message was on how JESUS called HIS disciples by simply telling them to follow HIM. There was no formal process of church membership, no charter or constitution to wade through, no 5-bullet points, no lists of do's or don'ts, no debate on modes of baptism or how to do communion. JESUS just sought HIS disciples out and said, “Follow ME," and they did.

Why don’t we do more of THAT?
Why don’t we simply follow HIM, the MASTER and TEACHER?

I love how the majority of the first apostles were NOT elitist or part of the upper echelon of society. They were common folk, less educated and rough. They were hardy fishermen and blue-collar workers, and yet look at how GOD used them to ignite our world. WOW! It’s rather humbling and perhaps a little bit scary to realize that HE wants the same of each one of us. HE just says, “Follow ME.”

How would our current world change if more of us did just what HE asked?

No comments: