Sunday, August 29, 2010

Restoring Harmony

The balance between good and evil has been brought back into alliance if only for a brief few seconds, as I hastily ended the chances of a larger spider to gain entrance into my domain. We were NOT mean to coexist in this little space. It just wasn't gonna happen. One of us had to go, and it wasn't gonna be me.

I know that my arachnid loving friends will be disappointed to learn of yet another violent turn on my part. But I highly doubt that I ended the entire species of *ruby gargantuan grotesqua* by spraying and then smashing to bits the remains of my eight-legged villain with my shoe. Overkill is probably a good description of our encounter, but it was entirely necessary for the sanity of this present inmate.

There will be others. There always are. The battle will continue, and I won't always come out on top of the creepy, fang-bearing arthropods, but I must savor this small victory and revel in the moment. DEEP CLEANSING BREATH! Yes,it feels right. All is right with the world again. SIGH!

*Yes, I'm now coming up with my own variations of spider identification terminology.*

No comments: