Thursday, October 7, 2010

I’m One of Those People…

If you tell me something about myself, I’m gonna internalize it and think on it for hours and days. Good or bad. Right or wrong. I’m gonna ponder. I'm gonna dig deep. I’m an analytical.

If you say let’s meet at 5, I’ll be there at 4:45, and I’ll sit there patiently waiting for you. I won’t give you a hard time about being late when you show up at half past. I’ll just be glad that the tables aren’t turned. I hate being late and having people wait on me.

If you are my friend, I’m gonna want to keep your friendship. I’m a very loyal person, and I like to keep connected with my friends. If I sense some distance growing, I’ll try to “fix” it and get back in touch. I'm not clingy, but I don't like losing friendships either. 

If I say I’m gonna do something, I will. Keeping my word is very important to me. I try not to break plans or make promises I can’t keep. I want people to be able to count on me.

If I want to communicate, I’m probably gonna put it in writing. I’m a perfectionist and a lover of language. I like ruminating on every phrase and precisely saying the words in an email, a letter, etc. Face-to-face or on the phone, I tend to stumble along.

If I get quiet or retreat away on my own, I'm fine. I'm not upset, depressed or in a funk. I'm not ignoring you. I just need space. I love people, but I often need to unplug from the social scene to mentally recharge my batteries.

Yep, I’m one of those.

No comments: