Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Time

OK, I’ve been rather serious on my blog as of late. I re-read the last few posts and started to laugh. WOW! Nothing wrong with being sober and trying to go deep, but life has it’s share of fun and playful periods as well. So I thought I’d start this week by blogging about some lighter moments in the life of Mel...

Last Friday, I went up to Kokomo to hang with my sister and her family. Loved seeing the little peeps!

I played Strawberry Shortcake with Grace. Yes, the berry people are back with a vengeance in updated styles, but this is not the Strawberry Shortcake I grew up with. She looks more grown up and teeny-bopperish. Hmmmm...I'm not quite sure what to make of her really.

I colored for hours with Harrison, Grace and Jacob. Love to color with the kiddos! We then proudly displayed our creations on the family art wall. Harrison showcased how he remembered how I taught him to make an “H” with “2 sticks and then make a bridge.” He’s growing up too fast!

I went to the pumpkin patch to help the family pick out their pumpkins. Two-year-old Harrison bonded with a pumpkin quickly, and he started carrying it around with him. It was probably a smart move on his part since his sister Grace wanted his pumpkin as well. Grace struggled to find another pumpkin to select, but she finally agreed to go with a second choice. Jacob wanted a big pumpkin, and he found one with character.

I watched and took pics of the family as they colored their pumpkins. Coloring pumpkins with Sharpies is much safer than cutting into them, believe me! My sister was very proud of her free-hand drawing of Larry Boy from Veggie Tales, and I have to admit it was pretty awesome! Jonathan drew a spider web on his pumpkin and a funny face on the other side. Jacob drew a zombie football player, copied his Mom’s Larry Boy picture and created several other designs on his pumpkin. Grace drew a scary cat and a princess tiara and then practiced her letters by writing out BOO and HALLOWEEN. Harrison drew a smiley face and then scribbled some other creations on his little pumpkin.

On Saturday, I got to catch Jacob’s last regular season game of fall soccer. He was awesome out there, despite the 80+ heat. The two teams were evenly matched, and the game ended in a tie 0-0. I had some lunch with the fam and then headed back to Indy.

It was an awesome start to my weekend!

No comments: