Friday, April 25, 2008

Making Conversation

I've had my AT&T U-Verse service for a week now, and I am loving it. I have far too many cable channels. I've been so busy (and addicted to Facebook) that I think I finally made it through the whole round of them just today. HA! If you don't have HD, you don't know what you are missing. It's just incredible!

I had to have a service guy out again today to check things out because I've been losing my internet connection when I am on my phone. Turns out it is actually something to do with my 2.4 GHz phone. WHO KNEW?? So, I'll probably be investing in a new phone for my place.

Anyway, the same cable guy that was here last week was back again today. His name is Jonathan, and it was like having a friend back for a visit or something. Is that weird? I love how I can make more conversation with a perfect stranger than I can with some people I have known for years.

Anyway, last weekend he had asked me about my weekend plans. You know, just making conversation while he was hanging out at my place for 3 hours doing the U-verse installation. Well, I had told him my friend Lisa was coming for a visit. So this week, he asked me how my last weekend was with my friend.

NEWSFLASH: He's attentive, friendly, funny and HE LISTENS.

Don't get your hopes up here, people. I think he's taken. And truly, I just think he is the kind of guy that can walk into a room and make friends with anyone there. He's THAT guy.

Oh well! It was still one of the best random conversations I've had in a while, and it made me smile.

No comments: