Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We are the Champions...

I played an hour of tennis last night with my friend Becky. It was my first time swinging a racket in 12+ years. It was a lot of fun and a tremendous workout. Neither of us are headed to Wimbledon or the U.S. Open, but we both had some fun chasing the balls and trying to get some serious volleys going.

I woke up this morning with a strange malady however: "tennis heel." No, I didn't get tennis elbow or even tennis knee. I wound up with tennis heel. I could barely get out of bed to make it to the phone, call into work, down an Aleve and waddle back to bed for an hour. An hour later, my alarm went off again, and I was feeling much better and well enough to come into work for sure.

Weird things like this always happen to my sister and I -- like the time she fractured her ankle just walking on the sidewalk. It is not only medical oddities...it's other stuff too like boiling eggs without water or getting melted plastic transferred from your curling iron to your bangs.

In our defense, my sister and I usually say: "It could happen to anyone." But her husband, Jonathan, usually replies, "Yeah. Especially if you are a Bennett sister." No, Bennett is not my last name, but you get the drift. I've changed my name to protect the innocent. So maybe we aren't normal...but then what is normal?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahhh, I remember the tennis days of our youth. Tennis actually sounds like fun! Remember those guys used to drive by while we were playing tennis behind Geiger. HeeHee, those were good times!!

Anonymous said...

How's that tennis heel coming along? :) And are you still sniffing the tennis balls???hahahahhaa