Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My First Taxi Ride

How I have made it to 34 years old and have never ridden in a cab before is a mystery! Well, it’s not really a mystery--I never needed to take a taxi until yesterday. I was in Chicago with my friend and co-worker Barb. She suggested that since it was raining we could hop in a cab or take a bus to get around downtown instead of wading through the puddles.

I said, “Well, you know I’ve never ridden in a cab before.”

She gasped and went to the curb and got us a cab. “My treat,” she said laughing.

So I have officially ridden in a cab now...a downtown Chicago taxi to be exact. It was not quite as thrilling as I thought it would be, but it was another FIRST for me, and something I can now check off my list of things to do. HA! WOOHOO!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wait until you take a cab ride in England. It is way cooler in the back of one of those black cabs in the UK. Our American cabs don't compare. :-)

Anonymous said...

My first cab ride was also in Chicago (on the way to the Opera, another first)and my memory includes a strange odor from inside the cab. Not very glorious!And I remember the sensation of wondering if we would arrive in one piece. Woohoo, glad Barb is giving you culture! :)
So what else is on your list of things you want to do someday? Hint, hint, post the list!!!