Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yes, I'm a Foodie.

My friend Barb and I chat often. We used to work in the same department at work, but now we are not even in the same building, and soon she will be moving to another building on campus that is even farther away from me. SIGH! It is quite a struggle. We really have to work hard to maintain our long-distance friendship. HA!

Barb and I usually go to lunch together a couple of times a month, and the joke is that we start IM-ing each other early in the morning to debate where we are going for lunch. So at 7 AM this morning, I got an IM from Barb asking about lunch today. She joked about how she had made herself wait until 7 to pose the question, and I laughed. I had just finished my breakfast and already we were talking lunch. HA! Works for me!

Yep, I’m a foodie. Food is a big part of my life. As soon as I finish one meal, I’m thinking about what the next will be. I confess it. It’s my reality.

I am continuing on Weight Watchers, and little by little by little by little, the pounds are coming off. My cupboards are full of healthy food options to keep my temptations to a minimum, and I’m back to walking 2-3 times a week. I’m starting to do the walk/jog thing again where I go back and forth from walking to jogging, etc. I love that. It feels good to be active again out in the fresh air and enjoying the beauty of our CREATOR’s handiwork while Chris Rice, Brandon Heath or Sara Groves sing in my ears. It's great!

OK, so it's not all roses. It’s not easy working on weight loss and changing old habits, but I know this is the right thing to do. Everyone keeps telling me to take it (the weight) off before I reach 40. I don’t know what happens at 40, but apparently once women reach that pinnacle, losing weight becomes much harder. I’m rather glad I have 4 years before that happens. Wait a minute! GASP! ONLY FOUR YEARS!?! I just felt a chill run up my spine. I better go. I think I need to control my hyper-ventilating with a paper bag now...Hee hee!

No comments: