Monday, June 18, 2007

Number 9...

My sister is expecting baby number 3 in February of next year, and I am so excited. I am elated! Delighted! Ecstatic! 238 days to go, but it’s always worth the wait. I love being an Aunt. It’s a wonderful experience…

I first became an aunt, one week shy of my 16th birthday when my brother Steve and his wife Tara gave birth to Janet Renee. It was so cool to be an Aunt in high school. My sister and I were on top of the world at being such young aunts. And then 4 years later, I got a call from my family while a sophomore in college that Janet had a new baby brother, Jordan Scott.

Soon after Jordan’s arrival, my brother Chuck and his wife Lisa had a son of their own, Caleb Richard. A couple of years later, the delightful Caitlynne Rae was added to their family followed by the incorrigible Carianne Rose and the sweet, shy Cera Ruth.

In 2002, I was away at a weekend singles retreat while my sister Barbara started in with her labor. I drove home to Indianapolis that Sunday and packed an overnight bag and headed to Kokomo. I got there just a couple of hours before Jacob Edward made his way into the world. And nearly 3 years later, Grace Anna was born.

And now there is another precious sweet child on the way, and I find myself giddy with anticipation. Life is good!

No comments: