Friday, June 29, 2007

Jordan's Visit

My 13-year old nephew, Jordan Scott Alan Richard Robert Squdge-mudge Bradley, is coming to spend 5 days with his old Aunt Mel. He called me this morning to let me know he had arrived at my place and was about to start exploring my cable and On Demand features on my TV, which made me laugh. He then proceeded to ask me what I did when I was at work anyway. So I went into my 2-minute spiel about my job, and at the end, he was silent for a bit, and then said, “So you have like a boring job, don’t you?” I told him NO, and that I actually liked my job, but he didn’t seem convinced. HA!

Tonight, I’m not sure what we’ll be doing to get the fun started. Tomorrow, we’re planning to go the early showing of the new DIE HARD movie. Not quite like Jane Austen or a Merchant-Ivory production, but I like Bruce Willis , and so I’ll enjoy the movie for reasons of my own! And yes, Aunt Mel is cheap. The $4 movie tickets before noon on the weekend sound like a winner!

On Sunday, we’ll attend church in the morning and go to an afternoon Indianapolis Indians game with my friend Becky. Monday and Tuesday, we’re planning to visit the Indianapolis Zoo and Conner Prairie, too. All in all, it’s going to be a jam-packed few days. I’ll probably need a vacation from my vacation...but I am really looking forward to these days with Jordan. He’s growing up so fast (already 5 inches taller than me) as it is, and so I’m going to enjoy these precious moments on my own with him while I have them! WOOHOO!!

No comments: