Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm NOT a Trendsetter...

I do NOT consider myself a trendy person at all. My contributions to society at large have been few in number. Perhaps the only one I could name is my over-zealous use of the word "WOOHOO!" and how a lot of my friends use it excessively now as well. HA! Not much to speak of, is it?

I usually discover something MONTHS AFTER others have enjoyed it, i.e., Facebook, My Space, Twilight, etc. And when it comes to fashion, no one would ever dare call me trendy. I scoff at trends, and name brands or designer fashions are a hoot to me. I couldn't care less. In fact for years, I have secretly laughed at people who cared about such things. I just didn't care much for fashion. If I liked it and it fit well enough, I would buy it...some times in multiples. As in, I would often buy 3 or 4 of the same style sweater or top in an array of colors. It was easier that way.

Recently though something has changed. I still wouldn't call myself a fashionista, by any means, but I am starting to admit my love of beautiful things, and I'm starting to care a bit more than I used to. No, I've not become snobby about styles or buying things with the attitude that I've-got-to-have-that-because-so-and-so-made-it, etc. I'm just starting to let go some of that old tomboy practicality.

I love color, bright magnetic colors, and I'm learning to branch out and try new shades. I love fabrics. I'm obsessed with how things feel against my skin. And I like to feel feminine. I AM A WOMAN! Not that there was any doubt really, but I'm starting to spread my wings and embrace the beauty...the magic that is in beauty.

Whether or not I admit it or acknowledge it, I am a masterpiece made by the ultimate CREATOR of good and beautiful things, and SO ARE YOU. My GOD designed me just as I am, and I am fearfully and wonderfully made. This isn't news. It's a fact. Every one of us were created in HIS image, and HE is the ultimate beauty. The SOURCE of true beauty.
Psalm 139:13-16 [The Message]
Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
You formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God--you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration--what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
You know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
How I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
All the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.

*Oh Lord, You're beautiful
Your face is all I seek.
For when Your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.*


*Taken from Oh Lord, You're Beautiful by Ray Boltz*

No comments: