Monday, August 24, 2009

British Luncheon

On Saturday I had some girlfriends over for some English-inspired cuisine and to share photos of the trip to England. It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

We started off with a salad and pasties, followed off by warm apple crumble and creamy vanilla ice cream. YUM! And I put together a slideshow to play on my TV, which only included 377 photos. OK, that might sound like a lot, but most of you know that I took over 4,000 photos on my adventure, and so I had made some serious cuts. However, it was still probably a bit too long. Oh well! I did try.

I think it was fun for Becky, Jessica and I to recount our stories, relive the funny moments and share the experience of a lifetime, and I hope the other ladies enjoyed it, too. It was great seeing some dear friends I don’t see very often and getting reconnected. And my friend Pollyanna brought along her beautiful 4-month-old baby girl, Annabelle, and so we took turns holding her. She is a fun bundle of joy. Yes, it was a great day!
Lunch with friends. Fabulous!
Becky’s warm apple crumble. Delicious!
Time with baby Annabelle and hearing her giggle. PRICELESS!

No comments: