Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Fun Part 2

On Saturday, we all headed to West Park in Carmel. It was a beautiful day. We had a picnic lunch and then hit the playground and free waterpark. Jacob (almost 7) got soaked quickly. He loved running in and out of the sprinklers and sitting down in the water. Grace (almost 4) was a bit more timid about getting drenched, but she still had fun. Eighteen-month-old Harrison loved walking up and down the whole area, splashing and kicking along. Every few minutes, the water would shut off for a bit, and so Jacob and I dared each other to run through while the water was off. Of course, my timing was all wrong, and I got a bit wet a few times. (Wanna see more pics?)

Afterwards, we took a short walk on the boardwalk over the wetlands. Along the way, we ran into some kids that had just caught a small turtle in their net. He was so cute. He even poked his head out a couple of times to say hello. Everyone knows that Mel has a thing for turtles (another long story), and so I was thrilled. Hmmmm...I just might need a pet turtle someday.

Saturday evening, the gang headed back home. I was exhausted, but I rather found my apartment a bit too quiet all at once. [sigh!] Thanks, All, for a great 24 hours!

No comments: