Monday, August 31, 2009

Celebrating Five Years

I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown by here on the job. Five years ago yesterday, I started at my current job a bit intimidated by the size of the office, the number of fellow worker bees, and the sea of acronyms I found myself working in. But it has been a good career ride for me thus far, and I am continually grateful for this opportunity.

I had never worked in the legal realm before my experiences here, and I’m not quite sure what I expected, but today I certainly have a different opinion about attorneys and more respect for their efforts – at least patent or IP (Intellectual Property) attorneys. There is no shortage of projects and work to get through, but we also laugh a lot and enjoy each other’s company. Yep, I work with amazing and fun people.

I am blessed to be here. I don’t know where this career path will lead me, but I’m grateful for each day. Here’s to another 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 years! GULP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! Barb