Friday, August 28, 2009

Two Hands...Lifted High

My friend Becky is a BIG Jars of Clay fan. Now I like some of their songs, but Becky really likes their music. She had to buy their latest CD the day it was released. I guess I can’t give her too hard of a time about that. I’m the same way about books, and really, Becky was nice enough to wait with me for more than 2 hours at Borders when Harry Potter book 7 came out, and it was way past her bed time of 9 PM. She deserves a medal really. Hee hee!

Anyway, because of Becky’s insights, I decided to listen to the latest Jars of Clay cd, and I really liked what I heard. One song in particular gripped me. "I use one hand to pull you closer, the other to push you away..." Isn't that honest and real? I live there. I’m wanting GOD close but not too close. I’m wanting HIM involved in my life just not in this area or that one over there. I need my space. But like it or not, it all belongs to HIM because HE wants all of me.

And I love the line: “I’m a liar who thirsts for the truth...” WOW! That’s good stuff! I think we’re all there, desperately seeking truth and yet bogged down in our own deceit. In a way, we're all bipolar. Scary, isn't it? Give this song a listen. I think you'll like it, too.

Jars of Clay - "Two Hands" - Official Music Video from Jars of Clay on Vimeo.

No comments: