Monday, August 24, 2009

Indulgences

I've been indulging lately...

1. On Sunday, August 16th, I had a donut hole. I said "a donut hole", and it really was only one (1) tiny little morsel, but it brought along a wave of desire and need. HA! I broke down and bought a couple of whole donuts on my last trek through Marsh on Friday, August 21st, and quickly inhaled them in the car. My donut-free vows have now been broken. [BIG SIGH!] Yes, I went for over 16 months donut-free and then I caved. Now, I don't quite think that rehab will be required, but I've got this issue to work through privately for the time being.

2. I went to the Indiana State Fair a second time yesterday, and while I opted not to return to my new favorite (the deep-fried, fat-laden chicken-on-a-stick), I did enjoy a corndog, chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick and a Red Barn elephant ear. [GULP!] It was so worth it, but I'm still detoxing today.

3. I decided to buy myself flowers this weekend. No special occasion really. I saw some beautiful yellow and bright pink gerbera daisies on display, and then I spotted some orange gladiolas, and I just knew those cheery souls all belonged with me. I even brought in some of the blooming gladiolas to work with me today so that I could enjoy them in both locations. I mean, how can you not be happy around glads? The name alone makes you smile.

It's been good to relax on the diet for a bit, but I'm back on Weight Watchers today and refocusing my efforts on what works. And as for the flowers, I think this is one indulgence this girl needs more of... :)

No comments: