Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dear FATHER,

Thank you for protecting me and keeping me from harm this weekend. Thank you for the comfort and strength you provided. Thank you for allowing me to see the humor in the moment and to appreciate, albeit tongue-in-cheek, the ironic twists and turns of the evening. YOU know me so well and knew that I would find the humor diverting. It was a welcome distraction from the drama unfolding before my very eyes.

Thank you for my amazing sister and brother-in-law, who took me in and graciously kept me occupied this weekend. Thank you for my dear friends and family members that have been praying for me and reaching out. I am truly blessed and encouraged by their support.

Tonight, I wish to pray for my recent home “visitors.” I don’t know who they are, LORD, but YOU do. I think they need Your help, FATHER. Please reach out to them. Please show them that YOU love them. Their souls, like my own, require a SAVIOR. We all are broken, and YOU alone offer the healing that we so desperately need. Draw them in, LORD.

Quite honestly, I realize that my home invasion was a minor incident in comparison to what so many are suffering in Haiti and in other places around the world, LORD, but I am thankful that YOU are big enough to take on the cares and needs of us all. Nothing is too great or too small for your notice. But tonight as I think of Haiti again, FATHER, I pray that you would give strength and hope to the weary there, lift up the hearts of the grieving, provide care for those in need of healing, and give us all the courage to help as we are able whether with finances, supplies, prayers or whatever you would ask of us for Your glory.

Luke 12:48b Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

No comments: