Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just Visiting

While waiting for my apartment door to be repaired, I have been staying with some friends of mine on the North side of the city, and it’s really been quite fun. Fun for me at least. Hee hee! No, we’ve really had some great laughs, and I am so grateful for Barb and Lee’s generosity, warmth and kindness to me.

We’ve cooked together. Barb is an amazing cook. I’m hopeful that just by hanging out with her a few days, that I can soak up just a bit of her knowledge. Lee likes to experiment in the kitchen, especially with the oils, spices and cheeses. You never know what he is going to whip up next.

We’ve shared stories together. Barb and Lee have been married for 34 years, and it is great to watch them interact. Maybe one day I will be so lucky to meet and marry my own best friend.

We’ve had a few drinks. I’m not a big drinker, but I enjoy a sip now and then. Barb and Lee introduced me to ChocoVine, a chocolate wine from Holland, and it is amazing! And the other night, I tried a shot of some Bristol Cream sherry. It was much better than the stuff we had in York, Jess, and I could actually taste some distinct flavors in it. Pretty cool.

We’ve had many entertaining moments. We’ve watched some TV, cried together over the Hope for Haiti telethon, cheered on the Colts, and went to an off-Broadway musical comedy called Smoke on the Mountains (which we enjoyed immensely).

All in all, I feel blessed to have such amazing friends that have provided a safe haven to me. Thank you so much, my dear friends! I hope to not trespass on your kindness for too much longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back at you. We have been blessed by your visit. It has really been fun! Just to tell you again, that you are ALWAYS welcome. Barb