Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Thoughts Indeed

Smiley Packages from Amazon.com: I got a package today, and it just made my heart skip a beat. OK, so I ordered the books for myself, and I knew exactly what would be in that box, BUT it still made me giddy with excitement when I saw the box, and the eager anticipation was still real as I slit the box open to find my treasures inside. WOOHOO!!

Long hikes at Eagle Creek Park: Becky and I explored some trails at the park yesterday with me snapping photos along the way. The colors were gorgeous (better with sunglasses--according to Becky), and we enjoyed the fresh air and exercise, too. What a rush! I don’t know if I have mentioned it before, but I do love autumn. (Hee hee!)

Memories of England: Is it crazy that I am still fixated on the country of my forefathers, and that the mere mention of England makes me smile and sigh? I thought a 2-week visit would cure me of my British obsession, but it has not. It has only worsened my feverish condition and made me yearn for more. I loved our Anglophile excursions, and I am ready to make the journey over the pond again for a longer stay if possible. I think perhaps I should consider taking a 6-month-sabbatical and exploring more. Hmmmm...
Mental Notes:
1. You still have yet to blog about your first overseas adventures. Get cracking on that! You need to finish your "memoirs" while they are still fresh in your head.

2. You need to find a financial solution that would allow you a less limited travel budget for an extended stay in Great Britain. AND (AHEM!) I think we can take the sugar daddy suggestion off the table! Hee hee! It's just not your style, cupcake*.

*Additional Mental Note: STOP calling yourself "cupcake" on your blog! You are leaving it in this one time as proof of your desire for transparency with your readers, but come on, it's completely frivolous and silly to continue to come up with nicknames for yourself here. Let it go, Mel-Belle.

No comments: