Friday, November 6, 2009

Rekindled Passion

I’m Intense. I know everyone who knows me well is in shock with that statement. Who you, Mel? NO! Hee hee! OK, so I’m a little intense (and by little, I mean a lot). I feel things passionately. When I’m down, I’m down deep, buried by the weights of the world, but it rarely lasts for long. I usually just need a good night’s sleep, and the next day, I rebound and the twinkle in my eye returns. When I’m up, I’m pretty high on life, blissed out to the extreme. I can hear music in the air, and I see magic everywhere (and all this without the aid of narcotics or other illegal substances). That’s me. I feel deeply, and I’m always feeling something. I’m exhausting. I know this about myself.

Well, I have a new passion, a new drive. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I have plenty of other things I should be, could be doing or working on. I have books to read, scrapbooks to fill, people to meet, photos to take, Christmas shopping to do, words ready to fly off my fingertips onto my laptop screen. Hey, wasn’t I supposed to have written my first best selling novel by now? HA! RIGHT!

So what is this new passion that is consuming me? What fixation has gripped my very soul? What thing has me bewitched, bothered and bewildered? BEJEWELED!

Say it’s not so!! But I confess it all, my friends. It’s true. I’m not proud of it. I realize that there are much larger things I could be devoting myself to, causes I could be furthering, lives I could be changing. I know...it’s not like I’m deeply consumed with the meaning of life at present or arguing the merits of caffeine in our frenetic paced society. No, I’m obsessed with a GAME involving the rotation of colorful jewels on a screen. My precious!

I’m cursed. This is not my first trek down the slippery slope and into the tentacled clutches of BEJEWELED. I thought I had conquered this addiction years ago. After all, I was the one that walked away from our prior relationship, but somehow, it wormed its way back into my affections, demanding my attention, creating a need. I find myself hooked once again, and I’m blaming Facebook. They have a special BEJEWELED BLITZ application you can play in one minute bursts, and it fueled my desire for those sparkly gems. It overwhelmed me with memories of happier days and reliving those good times. SIGH!

I confess I could have walked away and not looked back, but instead, I purchased a BEJEWELED game package last night. GASP! Oh the sheer horror and embarrassment of it all! Yes, it’s true. I plucked down an undisclosed amount of my budgeted allowance to rekindle my relationship with this GAME. I’m in deep now. SIGH!

OK, we're back on, baby! BRING IT!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Your nephew is now addicted as well, and we've run out of the trial version and will have to now BUY the game. I'm sure somehow this is all YOUR fault! :)

Melanie said...

Moi? Your blaming me? I'm shocked...