Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BIG Hair Monday

Yesterday, I went out for a mid-morning slog (*slog = slow jog), and returned with my naturally wavy hair a convoluted mass of sweat and frizz. Sorry to be so graphic, but I was quite a sight. OK, I know women don’t sweat, we glow, right? HA! WHATEVER! This girl sweats, and yesterday I earned every droplet.

I took an extra day off from work to recover from my Easter break in Michigan, and so I was especially thrilled by the gorgeous weather we were having. I showered after the aforementioned slog* and headed right back outdoors again after lunch. After all, it was too beautiful outside, and I wanted to savor every moment of the unseasonably high temperatures and sunshine.

I drove North to Carmel and visited the walking trails in 2 parks that I had yet to fully explore. Camera in tow, I was snap-happy as I toured nature. I whimsically delighted in the fresh air, the colorful flowers and the “new-to-me” scenery. I love discovering new haunts, and I do relish in the rebirth and energy that spring brings.

Yes, when I returned to my car, I could see my BIG hair reflection in the windows immediately and laughed. Spring is here, and the humidity is on the rise, which means BIGGER hair for some of us who normally have BIG hair anyway. HA! It's all good.


*Yes, I coined a new word. Do you like it?

No comments: