Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catching Up on Tunes

I try to keep up with new music, but somehow I'm still always behind the times. HA! Oh well, just because my "discovery" is late does NOT change the relevancy, right?

Remedy Drive: Check out their 2008 album, Daylight Is Coming. Not sure which song is my favorite since it keeps changing. Yep, I pretty much like the whole album, but I guess "Hope," "Valuable" and "All Along" stand out.

Needtobreathe: The songs on their latest album from 2009, The Outsiders, really have sunk deep into my mind. OK, so I like the whole album. But a "Girl Named Tennessee" makes me smile, and "Looks Like Love" and "The Garden" really move me. I really enjoy their sound!

Matt Maher: He is not to be confused with my musician friend here in Indianapolis with the same name, but he is pretty awesome, too. Alive Again is a pretty incredible album.

Love and Theft: I know I'll get some flack from my sister for going country for a bit here, but I'm eclectic. I like a lot of different styles of music, and apparently, I've still got some country blood left. HA! Anyway, I enjoy their World Wide Open album. Lots of great harmony.

Regina Spektor: OK, I'm completely switching gears here. Not sure how to classify her tunes really. Her sound is unique, all her own, and the lyrics are so wildly out there, and yet I like her stuff. Her latest album Far is my only exposure to her so far.

No comments: