Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do...

Breaking up is hard to do…especially when you don’t recall how you got hooked up in the first place. Odd as it may seem that day is rather a blank slate for me. One moment I was free and untethered, carefree as a bird. The next moment, everything changed. Suddenly my whole world revolved around him, and we have been cosmically connected from that day on.

Isn’t this what every woman dreams of? To find that special someone who comes in and sweeps her off her feet? To be pursued and chased? To be loved for herself alone? Naively, I thought that was what I wanted, too, but I’m not so sure about that any more. It always looks blissful in the movies, but it’s much less romantic than Hollywood lets on, believe me.

You see, I had my doubts about him from the beginning, but he seemed so sure about us. He was convinced that we belonged together, and his confidence was alluring. I found myself falling under his mesmerizing spell. Call it karma or fate, I was drawn to him. What is a girl to do?

I tried to end our relationship three times. I tried to make it clear that there was no room in my life for him, On my third attempt, I thought that he understood and got my message loud and clear. I was sure it was the end of us, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

But then he showed up 4 days later, acting as if he had never left my side, and despite my best attempts to ward him off, I could feel myself being drawn in yet again. He’s a stubborn brute really, and I’m not sure what the attraction is that pulls us together, but I know of it's power. Even now, I think we’re done, but I know that he might reappear at any minute reminding me once again that we are one, and I’ll be putty in his embrace once more. I’m weak. I can’t fight him off anymore on my own.

Thus, I finally opted to seek out some more professional help. It was time to admit that I couldn’t sever ties with him on my own. I felt trapped and needed help in removing him from my life and putting boundaries in place to keep him from returning once more.

And so today, I visited an ENT, who gave me great hopes that together we can rid me of this immortal sinus infection. He believes we can take preventative measures to keep my infection from returning and end this vile parasitic relationship. I am thrilled. Sadly, this is my longest-running relationship in like forever, but, alas, it really needs to end. Honestly, I’ve never been quite so ready for a breakup. BRING IT!

No comments: