Thursday, January 12, 2012

Free to Be Me

I'm me. Tried to be someone else once. It didn't fly. So you're stuck with me…

That’s my opening line on my Twitter profile. Sure. It’s kind of odd to start there, but it is reality. That is the way I’ve been viewing my life for the past couple of years.

I’ve started showing my real self. I’ve stopped faking, stopped trying to be someone else, stopped trying to please other people, stopped trying to blend in and stopped trying to be like everyone else.

In exchange, I started to focus on pleasing the only ONE who matters. And when I let go of caring about the rest, I was FREE. Free to be real. Free to be open-minded. Free to listen and form my own opinions. Free to love. Free to disagree with those that I love. Free to be myself. Free to see myself as HE sees me.

It’s not pretty all the time. In fact sometimes, it’s downright ugly. But seeing that reality prompts me to step back, allowing HIM to transform me and truly set me FREE.

No comments: