Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Let It Go, BUT...

Most of us don't enjoy confrontation. Yes, there are some that do, and I've met a few of those people in the past. But I think the majority of those I'm acquainted with aren't crazy about having to confront people. I know I'm not. I don't like it. I'll do it when the situation calls for it, but it's not something I look forward to.

This morning I woke up wide-eyed with my alarm. I'd been having a most interesting dream where I was hashing things out with someone that had misjudged me a couple of years back. It was a vivid dream that felt so real, and I woke up rather disturbed about the whole scenario.

At first, I was angry that I hadn't really gotten to say those things I said in my dream. I was thinking that it might have been therapeutic and cleansing in a way to get those things off my chest and clear the air. But at the same time, I was upset with myself that I apparently still think about this situation. Even while I am sound asleep, I'm contemplating what-if scenarios in my head.

I thought I had let it go. I really did. I didn't realize that part of me was still dwelling on that incident, but somehow, I'm still holding onto a piece of the pain. I'm nurturing that fragment, and if I allow it to, it will fester.

Earlier this week, a friend posted this Little Wonders video by Rob Thomas on Facebook. (The song was featured in the animated film Meet the Robinsons, which I've blogged about before.) And today it's a fitting reminder that I really just need to let it go.



No comments: