Friday, March 3, 2006

Fabulous February Part Deux


The rest of February seemed to be all about celebrating my 32nd birthday. [Yes, I know…that means I just doubled my niece’s age. Please let’s not go there. My therapist feels it best if we just not discuss it. HA! But then I am also half my Mom’s age as well since she turned 64 in February, too! WOOHOO!] We ate at Cazuela’s on the day of my 32nd. Cazuela’s is this great cheap Mexican restaurant that me and my cohorts at work frequent on Thursdays for chimichanga day! We love it. And the next day, 2 of my attorneys took me to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. (sigh!)

The following evening, 4 girlfriends and I celebrated at the Scholar’s Inn, where I had my first full martini, the flirtini. I usually just sample other peoples because I’m not all that into the taste of alcohol frankly. I was told this was a very sweet drink, but after years of drinking Mountain Dew, I didn’t consider it sweet at all just as I don’t think most wines or other alcoholic drinks are sweet. I wasn’t very impressed with it. But it’s all the adventure of trying something new, I guess. Jessica tried a white chocolate truffle martini, and we all had a sip. Now that was good and sweet!

Yes, all in all, February was a wonderful month for me, and the months ahead seem to be filling up with exciting and thrilling adventures as well. There are some periods where it just feels good to be alive, and I wish I could bottle this current mood/feeling and relive/savor it on those rainy blue days, too. Yes, it’s all good.

1 comment:

Adrianna said...

Hello Lovely Lady!

I just wanted to stop by and say that I have enjoyed getting to know you some through your blog. And I think that you have provided a wonderful insight into your day-to-day struggles with real issues in your heart. What strikes me the most (aside from your wit and charm :-) is the fact that you can say "Hey, I struggle, BUT God is faithful and is refining me through His fire." It's a wonderful model for me and everyone who reads it!

~Andi