Monday, March 13, 2006

Just Call Me Chicken Part 2

Well, the office hottie still calls weekly, and we’ll chat for a bit. I've tried to keep the smile from coming through my voice on the phone. He has no idea that I know what he looks like, and that I'm inwardly SIGHING every time I hear his voice on the phone. (GEESH! I’m starting to sound like a sappy teen movie!)

Three weeks ago, he called, and instantly he piped in about how he hadn’t got to meet me when he was in town a few weeks back. So I described where my desk was and told him that next time, he did need to stop in for a visit, etc. It was just funny the way I said it all because I was kind of blabbering, and so I made some underhand comment--basically I was talking to myself under my breath (like "nice going, Mel!" or something like it), and he said, "what was that?" And I just ignored him and went on with something else, and he said, "No, really. What did you say?" And I just laughed. And then when I got off the phone, I just burst out laughing, and everyone around me was rather curious here in our legal office as to the cause of such hilarity. But I just couldn't tell them. I made some comment about how it's kind of a long story, but I could actually feel my cheeks flushing.

He called the next day and started joking with me right off the bat..."Hi, Melanie. Guess who? It's K--'s stalker." (K = meaning the attorney he never seems to catch in the office, which is why he only talks to me.) We laughed, and I put him into voicemail again.

He calls weekly at least, and we just cheerfully chat. [Well, mostly cheerfully chat…he called last week, and I was in the midst of my horrid cold that I am still suffering from, and I was struggling to be all that cheerful. Loopy might be more the word. I told him the cough medicine was doing most of the talking, and he laughed!]

It’s not a big deal really! He just makes me laugh! He seems to have a really good personality to go along with the whole hotness aspect. (sigh!) Of course, we still don't know his marital status. He's probably married with the perfect 2.5 kids. Or happily dating the latest Harvard supermodel! Oh well. It's fun to chat anyway! If only he weren't just so gosh darn nice, I could stand to dislike him. I'm sure he has a flaw. I just haven't found it yet...I’ll keep looking!

No comments: